I'm a bit of a shy person and going up to people is not really my style. After I get to know someone I am very open but at first I am very shy, so that approach was completely out the window. What I did was attach a lighter link to my keys. Whenever I pulled out my keys the person I was with got caught of guard at the fact that I, Bianca was carrying around a lighter. That's when I started to explain my new product. The history of it all and people became more and more interested in the idea. Questions like how much and what is it made of ect... arose. I have managed to gain 10 pre-orders in this fashion.
I wait tables at a local restaurant and we often serve birthday cannoli's with a candle. I always keep my keys in my apron and the other day we couldn't find a lighter to light the birthday candle so I whipped it out. My co-workers were in shock. Reaction's varied "that's so cool", "look at you handy man" "whose prepared" and my boss really liked the lighter link he said we should sell them at the restaurant. I don't really think that would be quite the right market but his heart was in the right place. I gained 3 pre-orders from co-workers and my boss wants 2.
Another strategy that worked to my benefit with carrying the lighter link on my keys was losing my keys. Yes, I lost my keys in the library the other day and someone turned them into the front desk. Thank God for the great kids of JMU. Thats when the clerk started asking questions about the lighter attached. I joked and said I was planing to burn the place down, just kidding I would never joke like that. Anyways he seemed really interested.
Maybe I should lose my keys more often!

No comments:
Post a Comment